Deleuze (1925 - 1995) and Guattari (1932 - 1990) wrote a two - volume work called Capitalism and Schizophrenia: Anti - Oedipus (1972) and A Thousand Plateaus (1980). Their masterpiece was the creation of the “rhizome,” which was a revolutionary methodology for thinking.
The rhizome had 6 main traits:
 Connection: This refers to the linking of different thoughts in the rhizome. Ideas are connected at multiple points. Any point of any one thought can be linked to any other point in a system of thought.
 Heterogeneity: No link among different thoughts must be linked to parts of the same nature. A piece of art could be linked to a particular social theory, which could then be linked to a political scandal. The ideas can be linked to each other in any way, not requiring in homogeneity in their fundamental traits.
 Multiplicity: The rhizome is not reducible to one or to multiple. Instead, it is a system of lines. There are not ‘units’ of the rhizome. It can be conceived of as a linear system of dimensions, of ‘directions in motion’.
 A signifying rupture: Parts of rhizome can be ruptured, or broken. This does have a normative meaning. A broken element or connection in the rhizome does not mean that that element was ‘bad’ or should that a link between ideas should not have existed. The rhizome continues to exist.
 Cartography: A person enters into the rhizome from a distinct point. It is not possible to re-enter from the same position many times, or for different people to approach the rhizome from the same position. Cartography has an intuitive meaning, drawing the understanding the links and parts of the rhizome - creating a map of it. This allows for a unique conception of the ideas being evaluated, linked, etc, and a formative process that contrasts to tracing.
 Tracing (decalcomania): Tracing is like tracing a drawing, there is not creation involved. Tracing the rhizome assumes it static and fails take account of the constantly changing nature of the structure. Tracing transposes a pre-existing conception of the rhizome and of thought onto elements that do not fit into that framework. Thus, tracing is opposed the project of conceiving of thought as a rhizomatic scheme.
- longestminute reblogged this from dac-marleen-anne
- longestminute likes this
- theillustioustamtam likes this
- endlessskinder likes this
- tincturephysicorum reblogged this from trashymommarocks
- tincturephysicorum likes this
- trashymommarocks reblogged this from desert-nausea
- trashymommarocks likes this
- focusonthedopeness reblogged this from dac-marleen-anne
- focusonthedopeness likes this
- hm-p likes this
- grigiabot likes this
- eltessa reblogged this from dac-marleen-anne
- hetzpropaganda reblogged this from desert-nausea
- castlesvania likes this
- feminerds likes this
- hjorn likes this
- jacobbocaj likes this
- theoriginalplant likes this
- crusty-anarchismo likes this
- roarlivia likes this
- thatplaceyouwanttobe likes this
- guardianspiritofthewaters reblogged this from nilvoid
- nilvoid reblogged this from livingthroughnoise
- fo-rastero likes this
- iq20 likes this
- germinanation likes this
- livingthroughnoise likes this
- thegreatsarcophagus likes this
- homelesshomegrl likes this
- gentlemanbastard likes this
- hollmanlozano likes this
- sirenscream likes this
- teaching-to-transform likes this
- wedesireabridge reblogged this from deleuzenotes
- fliesintowindows likes this
- thebleedingwolf likes this
- alfredlordtennisanyone reblogged this from deleuzenotes
- insanelyobscure likes this
- parce-cue reblogged this from terminalimpacts
- parce-cue likes this
- hollanollagetdollar likes this
- half-lizard reblogged this from dac-marleen-anne and added:
- cemaglez reblogged this from ratak-monodosico
- nomadologist reblogged this from dac-marleen-anne and added:
- nomadologist likes this
- comickibitzer reblogged this from yoloineternalrecurrence
- yoloineternalrecurrence reblogged this from epistolammeum
- epistolammeum reblogged this from dac-marleen-anne
- insectosmx likes this